Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
This non-merit position is within OA-ITSD. Reporting directly to the Chief Information Officer (CIO), this position is responsible for overseeing Information Technology (IT) Client Services as well as providing direction and leadership of application development and maintenance activities for ten (10) State of Missouri executive departments. This position will work closely with the ITSD Director of Application Development in providing the vision and leadership necessary to execute technology initiatives, implement best practices, and lead team members to their optimum performance levels and career development.
- Supervise and support 10 OA-ITSD Client Service Manager’s (CSM) to plan and execute projects, ensuring that teams have appropriate direction and resources to effectively deliver business value.
- Demonstrate leadership abilities to both supervised staff and clients in meeting application development needs based on appropriate technologies.
- Evolve existing software system applications and architecture in various areas as needed.
- Monitor individual employees’ performance.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle with experience in the design, development, release and delivery of software systems.
- Strong leadership, project management skills, time management and problem solving skills
- Willingness to understand multiple software environments and research technical issues.
- Experience with Agile methodologies and Agile practices.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to deliver effectively in a fast paced environment.
Salary is $80,000.00 to $85,000.00 annually