Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, individuals must be able to perform each of the following essential duties/functions successfully. Reasonable accommodations will be made for disabled individuals.
- Assist in the execution of process and technology initiatives as the primary duty. Responsibilities include:
- analyze existing and proposed requirements, processes, data, data definitions (metadata), database structures, programs, functions, and cost/benefit feasibility
- design and document logical data models, functional work processes, business rules, and program specification to address the identified requirements
- represent the agency in the ongoing discovery and implementation of the database, document retention, and process improvement initiatives
- maintain an objective, professional approach in interactions with internal and external stakeholders
- engage in effective and timely communication with contractors, management, and stakeholders
- Maintain an advanced working knowledge of assigned line of business applications, processes, and database systems.
- Assist in the analysis and improvement of data integrity in all databases and reporting systems.
- Research and recommend improvement initiatives for the business processes.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of the transition systems.
- Assist in the execution of data scrubs.
- Assist program administrators with the analysis of state database systems and reporting accuracy.
- Assist in streamlining processes and procedures to improve accuracy and efficiency.
- Manage and maintain documentation archival and retrieval for agency.
- Assist in testing third party applications to ensure quality and usability of those systems.
- Compile data and draft documents or reports as requested or necessary for the efficient administration of business.
- Competently utilize software systems.
- Travel as directed, including long distance travel and overnight and extended stays, if necessary.
- Maintain appropriate files and documentation as necessary or required.
- Attend and actively participate in meetings and training programs as directed.
- Provide assistance to employees, vendors, state agencies, departments, divisions and organizations in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Maintain and protect confidential information.
- Maintain a professional relationship with others by ensuring a sense of mutual trust, concern, respect and teamwork.
- Maintain professional appearance and demeanor.
- Must have ability to appear for work on time.
- Must have ability to follow directions from a supervisor.
- Must have ability to interact effectively with co-workers.
- Must have ability to understand and follow posted work rules and procedures.
- Must have ability to accept constructive criticism.
- Must comply with all policies of MHDC.
- Must comply with any reasonable request of any member of management.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with database transitions, data scrubs, and/or file management.
- Experience with reporting systems and methods.
- Experience with data entry or data management processes and procedures.
- Experience with business process analysis.
- Familiarity with records management and document retention.
Physical Demands: The physical demands that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this position include being able to regularly sit, stand, walk, grasp, turn wrists, manipulate fingers, talk, see and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 10 pounds.